Turning anonymous visitors into identifiable contacts.
Whether it’s collecting an email address, first name, or phone number—lead generation is a cornerstone of success.
How Can I Get Leads?
You need content.
I don’t think there is a simpler way to put it. Without the ability to offer information or a product that people want, you’re going to have a lot of trouble generating leads.
What’s your content? Blog posts, articles, videos, images, services, goods. Something else?
Great! What you’ve got will work. It doesn’t matter what type your content is, just as long as you have it.
One of the best ways to offer a website visitor additional information in exchange for their email address.
For example, I’m going to offer you a content upgrade right below. Take advantage of it!
If you opted in you’ll see exactly what I mean.
If you didn’t opt-in you’re missing out on one of the easiest things you can do, but nobody thinks about.
For the love of everything in this world, do not send ad traffic to a regular page!
You’d be better suited throwing your dollar bills into a wishing well, praying for a return.
Why not send them to my regular site?
When someone clicks a link to visit your site, they did so to deliberately receive details related to that link. So you better deliver!
On top of that, you want to remove any possibility of distraction. What does that include?
Landing Page Best Practices
- Never use your homepage. This seems obvious, right? Wrong! It’s a treacherous mistake far too common.
- Remove or limit the navigation menu. Don’t give someone the option to click away if you can help it.
- Keep it simple.
Bring home the point and offer a clear action step. Do not “fluff” it up.
- Ask for only what you need. This is usually just an email or email and first name.
- Pictures! People get sick of reading. Spice it up with a visual. Make sure the image relates to your landing page offer.
- You need a method of contact. Provide ways for someone to easily get in touch with you.
- A compelling offer. Isn’t that the reason someone landed on your page in the first place? Make them an offer they can’t refuse!